Woodkirk Valley Football Club was formed on the 1st June 2001. All age groups are run by FA qualified coaches as a requirement of the Football Association’s Charter Standard Club status that was attained in December 2003, at the time, only one of 22 Clubs within the Garforth Junior Football League.
We aim to give young people the best coaching, best facilities and the best football experience in Leeds.
We provide a safe and welcoming Football Club for all our members, it’s a club that encourages learning, nurtures and develops talent and strives for success
The Club is forward thinking and is committed to improving levels within junior football in the local area.
“To provide football for all abilities in the local community. To encourageteam values. To encourage discipline with professionalism andenjoyment. To promote player AND personsonal development throughquality coaching in a safe, structured environment following the FACoach Education Pathway.To develop and encourage players to theopen age structure.”
How we try to put that into practice:
1. All players are welcome to join appropriate squads not over subscribed, regardless ofability. All that is required is a willing attitude and an adherence to club policies.
2. We encourage team values through a Club Code of Conduct setting out what is expected in general terms of a player and his parents. Managers are expected to encourage more football orientated team values and create an environment built on those.
3. We firmly believe that the player’s technical development is the prime factor above allelse from 5-11. From 11-16 a gradual emphasis is placed on developing the attitudes necessary to succeed and win, as well as developing the basic technical skills. At the 16-18 age groups the teams are run on committed attitudes and are prepared for adult football.
4. Our coaches are committed to quality coaching by continuous professionaldevelopment internally and externally by taking the appropriate 1st4Sport FA qualifications. Our coaches are members of The FA Coaches Club for Licensed Coaches
As a club we believe the following values are what happy and successfulyouth teams are built on. We also believe that they give a platform for ahappier transition to adulthood.
1. We are here because we want to be.
2. What we put into our efforts for the team will be what we get out.
3. Working hard for the team’s success will ensure personal success.
4. We help each other to succeed in the good times.
5. We support each other in the bad times.
6. We learn from our mistakes.
7. We never give up.
New players are always welcome.
Woodkirk Valley Football Club is based at The Den (Woodkirk Valley Cricket Club) opposite St Mary’s Church just off Dewsbury Road.